I'm sorry for being such a slacko with the blog guys but thank you so much for sending me so many messages of love and support while I'm out here. It's great to think that some of my friends and family are taking the time to stay up to date with what's happening.
I feel very virtuous tonight, seeing as I've uploaded about 4 tasty treats for your visual consumption. I hope to get some more up by the end of the week as lots of interesting stuff is happening here, especially in the world of politics.
In the meantime, I miss you all, I miss English Ale and Aussie Lager and I miss good coffee shops. But I don't miss the high street, TV, or shopping and I kind of enjoy the occasional blackouts and the periods when the phone networks crash. I don't like the fuel shortages or seeing malnourished kids but I do love it when the kids smile because we can blow bubbles with them or give them a lollypop.
And I am catching myself smiling like a manic sometimes - mostly when I'm in the car alone (thankfully) listening to African radio music and seeing what a beautiful country this is. OK, so that's really soppy but at least the sun is shining and I have a cool place to live!
Be good. x
PS: Hope you enjoy the new FLICKR Feed below which shows off some pictures from Spay Day, The Dog Show (next round of blogs) and life in general in Lilongwe.
PPS: I've changed the settings so that you can leave comments now without having to sign in (or up) to a Google account. I'm slowly working this schimizzle out. Feel free to leave some wisdom!
No comments:
Post a Comment